Often people ask the wrong questions , like " Do you take my Insurance?"
What you really need to know can be answered if these questions are asked:
1. What can I expect from Physical Therapy? Will I find out what’s wrong?
2. Do I see the same Physical Therapist at each visit? How much time will each visit take?
How much hands on time will I get? How much time do I get with my Therapist at each visit?
3. Am I taught my exercises by a Physical Therapist and seen by the Physical Therapist while doing my ex? If not, who is teaching the ex and what is their professional background?
4.How many visits will it take to resolve this?
Physical Therapy Studio answers to these questions and more:
What can I expect from Physical Therapy?
Physical Therapy is the treatment of injuries by exercises and other non-invasive tools rather than by drugs or surgery. You can expect to find out what your problem is, the best way to treat it, and how long it will take. It is also great for strengthening the body so you don’t have issues in the future. Issues with the body left untreated tend not to go away. They are problems that will continue to come back (until the source of the pain is treated) if the muscles aren’t strengthened in the correct way which physical therapy can help with.
You can expect to find out what’s wrong, how it can be can be addressed, treatment options, and how long it should take to resolve the problem.
Problems and goals identified
Correct treatment technique done in correct order and timeframe to rectify identified deficits interfering with your goals.
Progress towards and meeting goals.
Homework in the form of exercises for strengthening and/or positions for active relaxation, stretching, self care techniques
Self mx techniques and tools.
Recommendation for continued community based ex
2. Will I find out what’s wrong?
Yes! With Physical Therapy the problem and contributing causes will be identified, corrected, and addressed. If you complete physical therapy you will find that your problem has either gone away or been dramatically reduced.
3.How much time can I expect to spend with my Physical therapist at each visit? Physical Therapy can take anywhere from 15 min up to an hour at each visit.All your care is provided by your Physical Therapist. You get what you need to progress.
4.Can I get a written plan of care and treatment ?
Yes as well as ICD codes , CPT codes and treatment given
5.How do I communicate with my PT between visits if needed?
Through an app and/or phone/text/email
6. How many visits will it take to resolve this?
It depends on person to person but most issues take 5-6 visits. Physical Therapy can take anywhere from 5-12 visits or 6-12 weeks to resolve the issue. Depending on how long you’ve had the issue, how bad it is, and how committed you are to doing the activities both during physical therapy and at home.
Patients tend to feel a lot better as early as right after the first treatment. The hardest part is making that first step to improve your problem. If the pain is chronic, it can take longer to resolve the pain. After your Physical Therapy Evaluation, your therapist can let you know how many visits are recommended, the treatment options and together we find the best treatment plan for you!
That depends on how long you’ve had this, how bad the pain is and how committed you are to doing your home program.
People usually feel a lot better as early as after the first treatment.
Most of my clients will came in for 5-6 visits. A course of treatment is usually needed to resolve the root cause.
If the pain is chronic it will take longer(+2-3 visits extra per year of pain)
After the Physical Therapy Evaluation, your therapist will let you know.
7. Do I see the same Physical Therapist at each visit?
Am I handed off to an Aide or someone else?
8. Am I taught my exercises by a Physical Therapist and seen by the Physical Therapist while doing my ex? Yes. This what I am trained to do.
9. Will my condition and contributing causes be explained to me? Yes. If you understand the WHY you have this, you can make the necessary changes to resolve the issue and optimize health for the long term
10. Will I have the resources to do the homework? Yes. You will get therabands or fit balls or other recomended tools to help you at home
11. How much hands on time will I get? At Physical Therapy Studio exactly what you need
12. What happens if I’m not getting the results I want? At Physical Therapy Studio we discuss where you’re at, at each visit and change rx plan to meet your needs and get results
14. Do I have to restrict any of my activities? At Physical Therapy Studio your therapist will let you know